Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Yay Fall 2008 Knitty!!!

So, yeah, the Fall 2008 Knitty is out and I am SO EXCITED! For those of you who don't know it, Knitty is an online knitting magazine that comes out quarterly. Its readers submit the patterns and pros write articles. All the patterns are hip, practical, functional, and cute. So here are my top 5 faves from this issue:

I'm definitely making Hug, which is just too cute. It's also knit in my favorite yarn, Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky. I already decided at least one person I'm making it for for Christmas, but I'm not telling you who.Then there's Camden, a practical convertible sweater/top. The bobbles are growing on me.I love this sock's texture. They're called Interocking Leaves.
Versatility is another cool pattern. As the name infers, you can maneuver this shawl with its buttons into many different shapes.Then there is the exquisitely knitted Twist & Shout. You KNOW how I love cables. I don't think I'll ever have the guts to make this, though.
Speaking of impossibly complicated knitted coats/jackets, KnitPicks has one too that I absolutely adore. Presenting, the Thick Knit Car Coat.
This is the first knitted coat I've ever seen. Maybe I'll make it someday...

Other patterns from Knitty Fall 2008 that I'm planning on queuing are Slither, Hourglass, and Sidewinder, Maple (sans leaf), and L'illo.

Ahh, knitty, how I love you so...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THAT COAT!!