Thursday, June 12, 2008

MIA

Last week we missed craftnite because Amy was packing for TNNA, Heidi had class, and I...well, I don't remember what I was up to. My camera was MIA in Amy's house, and although I could have gotten it anytime, I waited until going to her house yesterday for craftnite to get it. HENCE, no post since May 31st, because I am a hardcore right-brainer and build my posts around the pictures I take, usually.

After munching on Lemonade popsicles on the porch with Selma, the night began with Amy saying, "Oh, did you see the suitcase of yarn in the living room?"

me: "NO" She knows I am not only in awe by lots of pretty yarn, but also by lots of free yarn. Since Amy the designer has several yarn companies as clients, she often gets free yarn to experiment with. I think this batch was probably one of the biggest. So without further ado, here it is, the giant suitcase of free pretty yarn:

Dun...
Dun...
Dun...

DUN-DUN!Dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun, dun....

you get the idea. My fave is the Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky. I love how soft it is and that they can get a one-ply (my preferred) to be so thick!

But we weren't there to simply drool over yarn. The craft of the night was making t-shirts for WWKIP, also known as World Wide Knit in Public Day. This day is on Saturday, June 14, 2008; but I claim that every day is knit-in-public day.

Selma and Marley were ready:
We joined them in the planning steps.Amy chose the stencil and fabric spraypaint method.
I chose the free-hand fabric pen method:
But I dabbled with the spray paint sa per Amy's suggestion, not always staying in the lines. Oops; at least she's moving soon!
Tanya also tried both methods, getting much spray paint on her own fingers.
The night was nice. It will be one of the last of its kind, unfortunately.

The new knitty came out (summer 2008), but I haven't had time to skim it yet really. I started work this week and am already overwhelmed. I guess what they say about social workers getting burnt out it true...ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaa....ok not funny anymore.

My next post will hopefully feature a knitty summer 2008 pattern discussion as well as what is on my needles right now.

In the meantime, happy knitting!

No comments: