Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

"Last post was on August 14, 2009" Wow. I think that's a record for me. I have been feeling guilty and incomplete about not blogging. I was raised Catholic so I guess that's where the guilt comes in. As I was making crackers today (new Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas!) while on the first day of my staycation, I was thinking, "gee, I have time to spare today. maybe I'll blog. Ohh, I could blog about my new year's resolutions." Then, *lightbulb* "I can add 'blog more' to my new year's resolution list! It's not that long. Totally doable." So here I am.

So I will present my resolutions then explain. Ahem:
1. Exercise at least 3 times a week
2. Bake something at least once a week
3. "Consume"
4. Blog at least once a week

Ok, time to explain

1. I am too poor to enroll in another exercise class. Cardio ballet was fun and all. Ever since they came out with Fluidity I've been yearning for cardio ballet. Then tada it ended up in the Montgomery County Recreation Class guide. It was fun for about the first and last 5 minutes of each class. Then I'd get tired and then lose balance and look like a So-You-Think-You-Can-Dance audition reject. Then there was the false alarm that I might have asthma. Oops, I'm just out of shape, which proves that if you're skinny doesn't mean you're in shape. Ack. Nevertheless, it was fun overall. I just can't afford it. So I am including in this resolution that doing an exercise tape of yoga in my apartment counts as exercise. I can do cardio on the other 2 days.

2. I discovered this year about myself that I love baking and don't really like cooking savory items. Something about following a recipe and watching ingredients completely turn into something else. Probably why I like knitting so much...
And as stated above, I got a fancy schmancy Kitchenaid for Christmas. Note: If you, reader, are someone I am close enough to talk to at least once a week, you will be getting free homemade baked goods sometime in the near future. I just can't eat it all.

3. "Consume" to me means to use up all the crap I have around my home that's usable. Crafting items that I've hoarded (including yarn), pantry items, which will also assist in resolution #2, and above all else...all those dang body products. I've actually gotten through most of my BBW items. I worked there for 7 years and bought way too much. But I have accumulated more from other places now that I wouldn't be considered a traitor shopping somewhere else. I want to get rid of crap because if this year is anything like the last 2, I will move. And I will not move excess crap again.

4. Well there's nothing to say about this. I just want to blog more regularly. Like once a week. Two reasons I have been procrastination central about blogging is that it takes time away from crafting and that loading pictures is a pain in the ass. Let's see if it still is.

Yes it is. Oh btw this is my grandma holding up a blanket I crocheted for her. I know what you're thinking. That's backwards. Well shut up she's old now.

You might have noticed something related to #3. I did not resolve to knit more. Although it is always a goal of mine to complete my neverending WIPs, I don't want to make knitting a chore. Maybe I'm bitter from just finishing a Christmas season, (I'm even still knitting a Christmas gift for my mom about 1.5 years late from when my knitting group did it as a KAL). But I am part of a group on Ravelry called LOTSAFOS10 where you list every WIP less than 50% done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is my list, minus the things that are almost done such as

Panel Jacket in Classic Elite Classic Silk ~ 60% done
Socktopus in Random Stash Yarn ~ 80% done
Diamonds and Shells Alpaca Scarf in Blue Sky Alpacas Royal ~ 75% done
After-Dark Robe in mystery cotton from stash ~ 80% done

Current WIPs:

  1. French Press Felted Slippers in Lion Brand Fisherman’s Wool ~ 15% done
  2. Sam in mystery stash yarn ~ 25%
  3. Grove in Patons Classic Wool Merino ~ 50%
  4. Transitioning Gloves in Patons Kroy Socks ~ 50%
  5. Clapotis in Arucania Atacama ~35%
  6. Jeanie in Knit Picks Stroll ~ 15% ~ This is my Mount Everest
  7. February Lady Sweater in Patons Classic Wool Merino ~ 15%
  8. Easy Ripple Afghan in Caron Simply Soft ~ 20%

In the Queue:

  1. Another Drop Stitch Lap Blanket in Noro Iro
  2. Sideways Grande Cloche in Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande
  3. Citron in Malabrigo Yarn Lace
  4. Central Park Hoodie in Cascade 220 Heathers Superwash
  5. Hope Hat in Brown Sheep Lamb’s Pride Worsted
  6. Another Noro Striped Scarf in Noro Silk Garden
  7. Petal Halter in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece
  8. Another Go Go Garter Stitch Scarf in Lion Brand Hometown USA
  9. Crafty Earrings in Aunt Lydia’s Fashion Crochet Thread size 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will now venture to make the goal to not CO anything besides these things until they are all finished.

Ok, that's all for today. I'd say Happy Knitting like a usually do, but... I feel it's overdone and I've seen it on some other blogs. So.. See you next time, I guess! :)

No comments: